Westchester Cosmetic Dentist
Your smile is one of the first facial features a person notices. At South Bay Smiles, we are here to make sure your smile is noticed. With crooked teeth, a crossbite, an underbite or overbite a person will tend to smile less. Dr. Bradley Matthew can correct these issues without metal braces using InvisAlign.
InvisAlign uses a series of clear and removable aligners that can correct crooked teeth and help you get the smile that you always wanted. Unlike with traditional braces, you don't have to wear metal brackets on your teeth for years and feel self-conscious every time you smile. With InvisAlign, you can smile with the confidence that the aligner is virtually invisible. When people see you smile, they won't see your invisible braces. Instead, they'll see a bright and straight smile.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Matthew so he can examine your teeth and determine if InvisAlign is right for you!
Who is a candidate for InvisAlign?
InvisAlign are a custom program created for each unique smile. It can help if you have teeth that are crowded or widely spaced, or if you have an overbite, underbite or crossbite. Because the series of aligners are made especially for your mouth, you do not have to worry about excessive discomfort and cutting your gums on sharp metal braces.
To determine if you will benefit from InvisAlign, schedule a consultation with Dr. Matthew so he can examine your teeth. Once Dr. Matthew has examined your teeth and discussed your goals with you, he will recommend the best InvisAlign treatment plan for you.
How does InvisAlign Work?
InvisAlign are invisible braces, a modern alternative to classic braces and correct the following dental problems:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
The InvisAlign system uses a custom-made series of aligners created for you and only you. These aligner trays are comfortable, smooth and virtually invisible when worn over your teeth.
Invisalign vs. Braces
InvisAlign gently and gradually shifts your teeth into place based on exact movement Dr. Matthew plans out for you. There are no harsh metal braces to attach or uncomfortable metal wires to tighten. You will simply wear one set of aligners every day for two weeks. After two weeks, Dr. Matthew will provide you with a new set of aligners. The process repeats itself until you achieve the amazing smile that you have always wanted.
At South Bay Smiles, we are experts in providing InvisAlign to our patients. We believe that a winning smile can make all the difference in your life.
Dr. Matthew explains how Invisalign works and who would benefit the most from this procedure.
InvisAlign Frequently Asked Questions
What are aligners made of and what do they look like?
- InvisAlign aligners are made of a thermoplastic material uniquely developed for the treatment plan. It looks similar to teeth-whitening trays. These aligners are custom-made for you, to move your teeth in the sequence determined by Dr. Matthew.
How long will my InvisAlign treatment take?
- On average, an InvisAlign treatment will take approximately 12 months for adults. However, the length of treatment depends on the severity of your case and can only be determined by Dr. Matthew.
How often do I need to wear my aligners?
- Aligners are most effective when worn 20 to 22 hours per day and removed only for eating, brushing and flossing.
Will my InvisAlign treatment be painful?
- At the beginning of each new stage, some people experience temporary discomfort for a few days of treatment. This is normal and is typically described as a feeling of pressure on the teeth. This discomfort typically goes away in a couple of days.
Can I just wear the aligners while I sleep?
- No. The aligners must be in place a minimum of 20 to 22 hours a day for the treatment to be effective.
Will wearing InvisAlign aligners affect my speech?
- Similar to other orthodontic treatments, InvisAlign aligners may temporarily affect the speech of some people, and you may have a slight lisp for a day or two. However, as your tongue gets used to having aligners in your mouth, any lisp caused by the aligners should disappear.
Since having my braces removed, my teeth have shifted. Can InvisAlign fix this?
- Yes. A number of InvisAlign patients had metal braces during their youth. Then as adults, their teeth have shifted. This can be corrected with InvisAlign without having to go through the social awkwardness of wearing classic metal braces because they are invisible braces.
I currently have veneers. Will InvisAlign aligners work with them?
- Please consult with your Dr. Matthew about any special cosmetic dentistry cases, such as veneers.
Cosmetic dentist Dr. Bradley Matthew is committed to helping people throughout Playa Del Ray, Marina Del Ray, Culver City, Hawthorn, Ladera Heights, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Westchester and surrounding West LA cities.
Contact Dr. Bradley Matthew, a Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist today to see if InvisAlign is right for you!
Next, learn about Porcelain Veeners and Crowns